Slightly Electrified

Just got back from Electric Picnic, everything's still a little fuzzy so I'm not ready to give the full run down, think I might have to wait til I get back from Bestival and have some kind of 'festival-off' between the two as Bestival has been my favourite for a few years now but Electric Picnic certainly put up a good challenge, so we'll see how this weekend pans out.

In the meantime I just had this track through from the forthcoming Madlib album 'WLIB AM: King Of The Wigflip' which is the latest and apparently final addition to BBE's 'Beat Generation' series (Dilla, DJ Jazzy Jeff, DJ Spinna, Pete Rock are some of the previous contributors) and will be released on September 30th.

The album features Talib Kweli, Guilty Simpson, Prince Po, Murs, Oh No, Frank N Dank, MED and Stacy Epps amongst others and with complete musical freedom for Madlib promises to be a true banger... my only issue I still have with Madlib is the same as Flying Lotus and a few others, even with my short attention span I generally want tunes longer than a minute and a half... maybe 2 minutes at least, it would make it easier to drop them in clubs without having to have some idea what you're gonna play beforehand.

(YSI) Madlib The Beat Konducta - The Ox (805) ft. MED and Poke

Posted in , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.