It has to be said that in general Bristol as a city is pretty much on it for music. When it comes to riding on the edge of excitement however we've always been more than partial to the line ups that Crazylegs produce. Since they started up in September 2008 the likes of Starkey, Joy Orbison, Raffertie, Cooly G and Brackles have all had their names beaming out of the posters at us. Now they've collected a posse of like minded promoters to form a collaboration under the Crazylegs banner. With nights such as UFO, Pollen, Focus and Work on board their hoping to step up even further.
True to expectations, their first outing of the year is right on the button as they overtake Basement 45 with: Ikonika, whose debut album on Hyperdub is easily one of the most eagerly anticipated releases of the year; Pangaea, who has one of the most essential EPs of the moment out now on Hessle Audio; Martin Kemp, who has quickly proven that there's a lot more to him than simply being Brackles younger brother; and Mosca, who kicked off the month well with a Mary Anne Hobbs mix and set an instant high bench mark for the Night Slugs label with his Square One EP.
It's always a tricky tight rope when you're largely breakin' new artists at your night but this is an exciting line up and if anyone can pull it off it's these fellas we reckon.
Ikonika - Please / alt link
Pangaea - Why? / alt link
Mosca - Nike (128kbps) / alt link
Royal T - 1Up (Martin Kemp Remix) (128kbps) / alt link
Martin Kemp - XLR8R Podcast
- ► 2014 (25)
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (19)
- ► 2011 (126)
- Wretch 32 - Born Winner / Mixtape
- Central Spillz - How We Roll (Video)
- Freedom Is A Road Seldom Travelled By The Robots
- Akira Kiteshi - Ming The Merciless (Hexstatic Vide...
- Beer Loving Robots
- Another N.A.S.A. Journey
- Extra Ayoba
- The Fogg
- Old Money - Mamaseh (Video)
- Monday Mixtape's Against The Pyjama Ban
- Straight Jukin'
- Matt Humphries / Diverse Concept - Suspended Dialo...
- DJ Cable Vs. Ludacris & Starkey "How Low, Luv? (TH...
- F**k Wit Dre Day
- Nocando feat Busdriver - Two Track Mind (Video)
- Shake Ya Maraccas It's The Monday Mixtape
- Pesky Digital 001 Out Now!
- SB.TV F64 - Mystro
- Die Antwoord - Enter The Ninja (Video)
- Kaptin V Moneyshot: Head To Head
- You Can Call In On Pelski
- Heart Beats 4 Haiti
- DJ Spinna feat Homeboy Sandman, P.SO & Fresh Daily...
- Scorcher - London Boy (Video)
- Total Ayobaness
- Awkward & Open Mike Eagle - Impossible (Video)
- Hexstatic - Gammera (Video + Akira Kiteshi Remix)
- Noisia - Machine Gun
- Daedelus - Righteous Fists of Harmony (Video)
- Great Bunch Of American Men
- The Constellations of Star(key)s
- NoCanDo - Exploits and Glitches (Video)
- F**k Traffic Jams Mixtape Selection
- Killa Remix From Jakwob
- Dilla & Dynas Hanging Out In The Apartment
- Digital Soul Seeking
- Cut Out & Carnival Masks
- Crazylegs Making Moves
- Heard It On The Radio...
- E-40 - The Server
- Superturbo Charged Tunes
- Tikking Timebomb
- Ice Cold
- Elevator's Stuck (On Repeat)
- Cloud Surfing
- Foreign Beggars - Get A Bit More
- Get Your Back Up
- Not A Patch On The White Panda
- Dubbledge - Choices Choices
- ▼ February (50)
- ► 2009 (419)
Unless specified, any mp3s linked to on this blog are purely for promotional trial purposes only and should be deleted from a computer within 24 hours. If you like what you hear show respect to the person who made it and go buy the album.
If an artist or label spots material of theirs on this blog and is not pleased by this, contact me and I will remove it immediately.
SOME OF OUR OLD SKOOL MIXES
Chrome Kids - Pyjama Ban
Welsh Electronic Mix recorded for BBC 1Xtra (Jan 2010)
Chrome Kids - Knowledge Me
Mix recorded for Knowledge Magazine (Nov 2009)
Chrome Kids - Pimp My Tour Bus
Mix recorded for Adam Walton's Mystery Tour on BBC Radio Wales (Oct 2009)
Welsh Hip-hop Mix Recorded for Rob Da Bank & Friends on BBC Radio 1 - Nov 2008